A recent survey with over 2,000 search marketers confirmed 77% of companies plan to increase PPC budgets in 2011
Marketing Sherpa asked organisations how paid search (PPC) was perceived at budget time.
The results were clear:
- 44% agreed that “PPC is producing measurable ROI. Let’s increase budget liberally for continuous improvement.”
- 33% agreed that “PPC is a promising tactic and will eventually produce ROI. Let’s increase budget but do it conservatively.”
Just 15% agreed “The value of PPC is unknown and something we do only as time permits. Why invest more?”
Only 8% agreed “PPC is not on the radar. Let’s keep it that way.”
Key learning for companies big & small
- Have you tested PPC as a key strategy to attract web leads
- Did you use web analytics to discover the overall marketing ROI?
- Did you drill down to find the top performing keywords?
- Have you set the right bid prices to balance PPC performance with affordability?
- How well do your landing pages convert web visitors to customers