Google’s 2010 Q1 results continue to show strong growth with sales up 23% year on year.
2010 revenue increased to $6.8 billion with 66% coming from Google owned sites. Non US revenue accounted for 53% of the total with the UK share being 13% of total revenue.
Google’s revenue increase was partly due to:
- an increase in volume e.g. paid clicks grew by 15% compared with the same period last year
- an increase in value with average the cost per click up 7% year on year
Key learning for companies big and small
- Google has continued to show significant growth during a world economic recession because it provides advertising that is both effective and importantly accountable unlike some other marketing channels – is your company missing out by not using Google PPC?
- the increase in demand for PPC has resulted in an increase in cost measured as average cost per click – are you analysing PPC advertising effectiveness to ensure that you are not overpaying?
- if you do not how to effectively set up, manage & analyse PPC advertising campaigns then find a PPC expert